Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Getting More Turkish-minded

This week has mainly been about getting used to the Turkish culture.
I'm starting to become more and more Turkish-minded as I am finding things they do becoming more a part of my daily life. These things include: having tea after every meal, learning the language, and trying new foods. Recently I tried a meal that when translated is ''sheep intestines'' after my co-workers said I had to join them for a meal to eat that. Although I did not like it at all, it was still a good time to bond with co-workers outside of work and be able to laugh at what I was doing as they were laughing at my reaction to one of their popular Turkish dishes.


The short jump on the boat
The temperature has been reached record highs as it has not been below 95 degrees for at least a week. It even reached 105-110 today and work was cancelled for pregnant women and those with a reason as to why the heat might negatively affect their health.

Because of this heat the beaches have been crowded with many people and their pets, but they have been especially fun. The roommates and I went on a boat tour last weekend that stopped at 3 islands for swimming and jumping from the third level of the boat. This boat brought us real near the Greek Islands (about 1 mile), but we did not quite go to Greece this time. Overall; the weather is hot and sunny, work is good, and I'm beginning to learn the language. I'm having a great time so far.

No comments: